20 Questions Book Tag!


Hey guys!
As I haven’t been on here in FOREVER, I thought it would be perfect to do a bookish tag!
I love getting to know people and their bookish thoughts/opinions, so it is the perfect get to know me post!
Let’s get right into it…

1.How many books are too many for a series?
I don’t like anything more than three books in a series, anything more I just feel like I will either forget what happened early on or I will just get bored while reading! I don’t really read many series but I much prefer shorter series!

2. How do  you feel about cliffhangers?
For the most part, I don't like them, if a book is a stand alone I hate to finish the book with more questions than I had at the beginning. I find it so unsatisfying if a book leaves me with so many more questions. Sometimes, if the cliffhanger suits the story really well I will enjoy it, The Twin by Natasha Preston ended with a cliffhanger that I found left me with more questions but I really enjoyed the way this book ended and felt it fit with the story!

3. Hardback or paperback?
Paperback!!! I find them much easier to hold while reading and much lighter to carry about! I love how pretty hardbacks are but I just prefer the ease of paperbacks!

4. Favourite book?
I will name a few; All The Bright Places, Everything Everything, The Great Gatsby, To Kill a Mockingbird, Reasons to Stay Alive, Daisy Cooper's Rules for Living.

5. Least favourite book?
I don't think I have a book that I would call my least favourite, I dislike books for different reasons, so from this year my least favourites have been The Perfect Stranger, Little Eyes and The Haunting of Hill House.

6. Love triangles, yes or no?
Sure! I don't mind either way!

7. The most recent book you couldn't finish?
I'm pretty sure my most recent DNF was A Stranger on the Beach! Sadly it just didn't work for me!

8. A book you are currently reading?
Current reads are; Wilde Women by Louise Pentlan It's Not Ok to Feel Blue by Scarlett Curtis (loving both!).

9. Last book you recommended to someone?
Ermm, possibly Daisy Cooper's Rules for Living or All The Bright Places.

10. Oldest book you've read by publication date? 
Probably Flowers in the Attic by V. C. Andrews (1979) - loved that read and I have the rest of the series waiting on my kindle!

11. Newest book you've read by publication date?
The Love Hypothesis by Laura Steven!

12. Favourite author?
I have a few - Matt Haig, C. L. Taylor, J. P. Carter, Jennifer Niven.

13. Buying books or borrowing books?
Both!! I LOVE going on charity shop sprees and finding lots of good books! But I also love browsing my local library too!!

14. A book you dislike that everyone seems to love?
The Silent Patient - I think I hyped it up too much in my head! Also guessed the ending!! Also Normal People - just didn't work for me!

15. Bookmarks or dogears?
Bookmarks!! Or any other random object!!

16. A book you can always reread?
All The Bright Places, Everything Everything and The Great Gatsby for sure!!

17. Can you read while listening to music?
Nope!! I can read with some background noise at a low volume but I get distracted really easily if there is a lot going on around me or music/TV in the background!

18. One POV or multiple?
I enjoy both! I think it depends on the storyline, I love one as you can really get to understand a character in more depth but I also love multiple as I enjoy understanding the different views of people in similar situations (like in The Holiday!).

19. Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days?
BOTH! Some books I will whizz through and finish in a day but others it can take me a few days, it just depends on the book and how much time I have! Recently I have been revising for exams so I haven't finished a book in a day in a while but over weekends if all I do is read I love to finish them in one sitting! Also I tend to read non-fiction over multiple days, especially if it is quite a heavy topic, but fiction I tend to read much quicker!

20. Who do you tag?
EVERYONE!! Feel free to share your answers below or over Instagram DM!





Comments