Dark Places Review!

Hey guys!

Today's post is going to be a review on Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. I had already read Gone Girl and Sharp Objects and LOVED them both so I knew I just HAD to grab hold of this! Gone Girl is one of my all time favourite books so I went into Dark Places with very high expectations.

Those expectations were certainly met. I give this book a 5 stars for sure! This book is about a boy, Ben, who has been put in prison for the murder of his mum and two sisters (his other sister - which the books takes it's perspective from - escapes). Libby was sure it was her big brother who murdered the families. But she was only 7 ... how can she be so sure? The book surrounds Libby's journey in trying to uncover what really happened that night to her family and whether her brother is really as innocent as everybody makes him out to be.

I thought this book would be the classic who killed who book with the ending that you could have guessed half way through. Oh, how wrong I was! When reading it, so many different possibilities went through my head ... who killed the family? why they killed the family. WOW was I NOT expecting the ending!!! The ending had me shook!! I just wanted more. I loved the plot of this book so much, it had be questioning throughout it all. The ending was wow!! I love books where you can make all the guesses in the world about the reveal but it is nowhere near what you thought!

I loved how the chapters would alternate from Libby now, to the day of the murders from different family members. It was good to be able to read the different characters perspectives on the night and different secrets they were holding. At first I thought the book would be just based from Libby's perspective now but I am so glad it wasn't. I much preferred reading the story from a variety of people's perspectives - something which I usually struggle keeping up with.

I feel like this is a super long review so I am going to leave it there! This is a must read if you haven't read it already!! So glad I finally managed to read it!.

Let me know if you have read any Gillian Flynn books and what you thought of them! She is definitely one of my favourite authors without a doubt.

Holl x


Comments