2018 Best Reads

Hey guys!

Today I thought I would do some of my 2018 favourite reads! This was so hard to narrow down the amount of books I wanted to include!! I have read so many AMAZING books this year after so far reading a huge 64 books! I cannot believe I have actually read this many books as I am usually so super busy with uni work!!

One of my favourite reads of the year definitely has to be Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. I read this book as it had SO many amazing reviews on Instagram and I for sure wanted to get my hands on it! This book was everything I wanted! At first I wasn't too sure what I felt, I wasn't the keenest of Eleanor. But through the book I thought that she was such a relatable character for me. It was so nice to be able to see Eleanor expand from the routines she had - again very relatable!!! Raymond has to be my favourite character - he was such a sweetie! We all need a Raymond in our life!

Another one of my favourite reads was Dark Places by Gillian Flynn - I wrote a review on my previous blog about this book so I won't go into it too much here but I love Gillian Flynn!! She is such an amazing author and like the previous books I have read of h
ers - she never fails to let me down!!! This ending was AMAZING and I wouldn't have predicted it even if I tried!!! A definite must read!

The Life Changing Magic of Tidying by Marie Kondo is definitely on my best reads of 2018 list!!! I am so obsessed with all things cleaning, tidying and decluttering and this book give me so many new techniques and ideas when it comes to those things. I have even implemented a few of her ideas into my life! Such a good read if you love to or just need a huge declutter!!

Wow this blog post is getting kinda long so I will include one more of my favourite books (I have many more though!)
The final best read I will talk about is Guilt by Amanda Robson. This book had me HOOKED to say the least! I loved the different levels of perspective this book gave! I usually find it so hard to stay connected with books that alternate perspectives between different characters but this one was amazing! I don't want to say too much about the book as I don't want to give anything away but PLEASE go and read it if you are into psychological thrillers. You will not be disappointed!

Those are just four out of many of my favourite reads! I wish I could sit here all day and write about each individual book I read and loved!! Let me know if you have read any of these books and what were your favourite books of the year! I would love to hear your favourite books so I can go and check them out!!

Holl x





Comments

  1. it was AMAZING!! I couldn't put it down when I started it! Would be good to know what you think of it when you have read it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment