My 2018 TBR.

Hey guys!

As I'm sure many of you do, I have SO many books that I want to read. I love browsing at books online or in book stores and I also find so so many that jump right out to me so my list of books I want to read is never ending. The issues of a book lover right? Never having enough time to make a solid dent in your TBR pile!!! Although, I am currently on a book buying ban until I have read the majority of books on my TBR list.

I just wanted to share a few books with you that I want to read by the end of the year/start of the new year. (Hopefully I will  but I am currently in a reading slump and each time I pick up a book I end up putting it right back down!).

The first book on my 2018 TBR is One Day by David Nicholls ... this was so kindly gifted to me by an Instagram friend  (bookclub_betty - go and give her a follow!!) and up until then I had never heard of this book! It surrounds two people, Emma and Dexter who meet on graduation night. They then have to go their separate ways and each year the book follows both characters to see where they will be/what they are doing. There have been so many great reviews on this book and it's exactly the type of book I love to read. I am super excited to get stuck into this!!

The second book on my TBF is Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari ... this is a slightly different book then what I would usually read but it surrounds the history of humans and how we got to where we are today essentially. I can't wait for this read as I love learning things like this - I find it so interesting to know and read about. I did start reading his other book "Homo Deus", however, with Uni work and everything else on top of that I couldn't find the time to read it all. I will be returning to that book though as I did enjoy what I read! I am hoping to start this book during vacation so I have more time dedicated towards it but who knows when I will get round to reading it!

Perfect Prey by Helen Fields .... this is a thriller, my boyfriend got me this for my birthday and again until that point I had never heard of this book - but now I see it everywhere!!! I think it may also be a series too? I will for sure have to get my hands on the others if I enjoy. So, this book is based in Edinburgh, a charity worker is murdered yet nobody say the attacker!! Then a teacher is murdered and yet again nobody saw the attacker! I am excited to see how this book unravels from the beginning to the end when trying to find out who the attacker is. I recently read a fairly similar book called "Follow Me" where we followed the police round trying to find the murderer - that book for sure kept me on my toes so I am hoping this one does the same!

My last book I want to read of 2018 is Christmas at the Cornish Cafe by Phillipa Ashley ... I had been looking for a Christmas book for SO long to read over vacation when I came across this one.
 I knew I had to get it because Cornwall is my MOST FAVOURITE place to visit. The first line on the back is "A Christmas in Cornwall is what dreams are made of" and I can confirm this is very true after spending a Christmas in a cottage in Cornwall a couple of years back with my family. This book is mainly based around a couple (Demi and Cal) who are opening up the Cafe, but Demi is left to wonder if her relationship is over as Cal's EX turns up!!!! I am hoping this will be a nice Christmas read and everything works out!

That is just 4 books that I 100% want to get read by the end of the year - I have more - but I reckon 4 is enough while I am in a reading slump!!!
What books are you guys planning on reading in December?

Holl x




Comments