My All-Time Favourite Reads!


Hey guys!

My first official post is going to be about some of my favourite books! I have A LOT of favourite books as I read so many and then claim it is my new favourite (does anybody else do this??), but there are some favourites that will always be my go to whenever I am wanting to re-read!


         All the Bright Places - Jennifer Niven – This will ALWAYS be in my top 3 favourite books. I don’t want to give any spoilers in this at all so if what I have wrote is very brief I apologise!! This book is written by Jennifer Niven about two young people, Violet and Finch, who find themselves on top of the school bell tower. The story line is surrounding mental health and it is done SO beautifully! I love how in this book it includes mental illness in males – it really opens your eyes about mental health and how it impacts different people in different ways and those around you. I love the adventures Violet and Finch embark upon and how important this adventure is to the both of them. I just love this story line and everything about it and I think it is such an important read!!

   Reasons to Stay Alive - Matt Haig -  Matt Haig is without a doubt one of my all time favourite authors. I love his non-fiction and his fiction and hope to read more of his work! I could do a whole blog on the books I’ve read by Matt so I will TRY to keep this as short as I can as I still want to tell you about more of my favourite books!  I read this book as it seemed very relevant to me at the time, I needed something to tell me things would be okay, and this book did exactly that. I admire Matt for speaking out so passionately about his own issues, struggles with mental health and what did or didn’t help him. It’s also such a quick read and you can pick and choose which parts you want to read (although I would recommend it all!). ……

          How to be Happy - Eva Woods – I read this book as again, I thought it would be one of those books that could give you some great advice on how to get out of a reading slump, how to cheer yourself up and stop moping around! It was about two girls, Polly’s aim was to help Annie, Polly was always happy and always lively and all she wanted was to make a difference to Annie’s life by helping her do things Annie would not have previously done before. Each chapter name was unique to what specific thing could be done to be happy – for example “go for a walk” and “tidy up your work space”, I loved that aspect of it. This portrayed such a powerful, sensitive message in such a beautiful way and I am SO glad I read this. It will certainly make you laugh and cry!

      The Girl on the Train – Paula Hawkins  Quite a different genre from the top 3! I read this book a couple of years ago and I couldn’t put it down! I was pulled in from the very first chapter, books that do this are awesome! The whole story line was gripping and I certainly did not expect the ending which I always love about a book as so many books can be so similar to others and become quite predictable right? For me, this one wasn’t one of those. After reading it I recommended it to EVERYBODY who asked for book opinions! I even loved the movie of this which is very strange as I don’t often watch movies but this one was a definite fave!!

Thank you for reading!! I would love to know some of your favourite books, do we have similar favourites?

Holl x


Comments

  1. you definitely need to read All The Bright Places! I have read it so many times now and I can only usually read books once! YES - pick up a copy of Girl on the Train ... have you read Gone Girl before? That is another extremely good read, again with an amazing movie!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment