The Tattooist of Auschwitz Review!

Hey guys!

One of the books I got for my birthday was The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris. I just knew I had to read this after all the Instagram reviews I came across!

This book is written about a man named Lale who after arriving at Auschwitz became the tattooist, where he had to tattoo numbers on all of the victims. During this, he fell in love with a woman, Gita, and the book is without a doubt an amazing, powerful love story of these two individuals.

I immediately LOVED Lale. He was so kind and considerate and my heart melted for him. Despite being in the worst situation he tried to remain as positive as he could and despite everybody being in the same boat, he always put others before himself. I love how all he wanted was to make Gita happy, to make her aware that they would have a future together. Just to be with Gita. It was such an emotional read to say the least. I admire Lale's bravery, the extra step he went to for those he knew, how he helped others despite what it could mean for him, sneaking them extra portions of food, sneaking them extra goods from the outside. Amazing. I loved following Lale and Gita on their journey.

To read about the things that went on in Auschwitz from a victim's point of view is heartbreaking. The things they had to go through on a daily basis, the suffering and torture they went through, the things they had to see. It is quite unbelievable to even think that happened at all!
This book definitely gets a 5 stars from me. This book was everything I wanted and more. It opened my eyes to the horrors that happened and although it was a VERY emotional read, I also think reads like this are very important. I feel that stories like this need to be read, for me it is important to know what went on in the past, despite how upsetting it may be to read.
It really made me think how extremely grateful I am for the life I have. To be able to wake up every morning really is something many of us take for granted these days.

I cannot recommend this book enough. It is so worth the read!

If you have read this book, what are your opinions on it?

Holl x

Comments

Post a Comment